Find out what the latest job opportunities are at Crafted Artisan Meadery!
HEAD MEADMAKER - FULL TIME
Founded six years ago, Crafted is experiencing continued rapid sales growth and is seeking to immediately fill this position. We are seeking an experienced meadmaker, brewer or winemaker who can contribute quickly in this position that offers long-term growth potential with our team. Meadmaking experience is obviously preferred but transferable experience in wine/beer is great as well.
- Producing mead to recipe specifications
- New recipe formulation
- Maintain mead production area and adhere to sanitary procedures
- Filtration and packaging (filling/kegging)
- 360° involvement in the entire mead production process
- Equipment cleaning, sanitizing and preparation
- Recordkeeping, reporting and batch tracking
- Aid with inventory management/warehousing
- Coordinate cellarmen/assistant meadmaker staff
- Reports to owner of the company
- This position will also aid and take part in sales and distribution, events and promotional activities
The right candidate must be passionate about the “craft beverage” category and show a track record of success in industry-related positions that require an attention to detail, responsibility and self-motivation. Commercial experience is a requirement. We are looking for someone with creativity, a drive to learn, and a willingness to get their hands dirty and do what it takes to get the job done. Crafted has a planned expansion and relocation of operations that is slated for early 2019 and are excited to fill this core position on our team. Must be willing to work weekends and evenings occasionally and have a flexible schedule.
- 1+ years commercial meadmaking, brewing or winemaking experience REQUIRED
- Must be 21 years of age or older, have a valid driver’s license, a clean driving record, and reliable transportation.
- Must be able to lift and move 60lb pails, full kegs, and other items on a regular basis.
- Ability to operate forklifts and pallet jacks (we will train as necessary)
- Mechanically inclined, able to troubleshoot
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to think critically to help us improve our processes, procedures, safety, and quality control.
- Desire to learn, grow, and take on increased responsibilities.
Competitive pay that is commensurate with experience.
About Crafted Artisan Meadery:
Crafted Artisan Meadery is an award-winning mead producer based in Mogadore, Ohio. Dedicated to producing highly drinkable, modern mead, we throw the pre-conceived notion of mead out the window. Gose-inspired mead? Why not! Bourbon barrel bananas foster mead? Sure! We believe in creativity over tradition. We believe that the quality of the liquid behind our labels is the most important thing to the customers we currently serve in the thirteen states we sell our mead. We exist to make mead as accessible to as many people as possible, and we're having a blast doing it. We are looking for a talented, friendly, and hard-working individual with a respect and passion for mead that is interested in joining our small team and helping us to grow. We believe in a fun and positive environment that rewards hard work.
Email your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com
Crafted Artisan Meadery is currently accepting applications for the position of Assistant Meadmaker/Cellarman. This is a full-time, entry-level position that reports directly to the Head Meadmaker and Management.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
-Assisting the Head Meadmaker in all aspects of production and ensuring the goals of the production schedule are met
-Cleaning/sanitizing of tanks and process equipment
-Preparing orders for shipment to distributors
The ideal candidate will have at least a year of brewery/winery experience in a production setting or a robust homebrewing background. Familiarity with tools/equipment and repairs and a knack for troubleshooting are desirable traits. Experience in settings that require cleanliness and sanitary conditions is a plus. For consideration please email your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TAPROOM POSITION: PART-TIME
Crafted Artisan Meadery has an opening for a part-time position working in our tap room.
- Educating customers on mead, it's history and our approach
- Guiding customers through mead tastings
- Retail sales of mead and other merchandise
- Cleaning/organization around the taproom
Must be good with people, energetic, outgoing and excited to learn and teach others about Crafted Mead. Applicants with a passion for craft beverages are preferred. Mead experience is not required but you must be a fast learner and able to operate independently. Tap room hours are Friday evenings from 4:45-9:00 and Saturday from 10:45-10:00 (Saturday shifts are typically split with other taproom employees Fridays are rotating). A flexible schedule through the week is a huge plus as this position will have the opportunity for additional hours assisting with packaging and other responsibilities on varying days/evenings throughout the week.
This is NOT a bartending job so please do not apply if that's what you're after. If you are excited about meeting new people from all walks of life that visit our tap room from around the country and sharing with them our story then we can't wait to talk to you. Experience not required but applicants with backgrounds in serving, homebrewing, retail and/or general customer service will get first priority. It's always a huge plus if your a huge fan of mead as well!
PART-TIME BOTTLING CREW
We are seeking part-time bottling crew members!
The ideal candidates will be used to hard work and have a strong emphasis on quality in addition to the following traits:
· Able to follow instructions and quickly learn new skills
· Familiarity with sanitary conditions and ensuring they are met - - cleanliness is critical
· A great plus is having a passion for craft beverages
· Ability to work effectively as part of a team
A great deal of flexibility will be required in order to meet the demands of our continued growth and a varying production schedule from week to week.
If you want to be a part of one of the fastest growing meaderies in the United States email your resume with a brief introduction to email@example.com.